Daytona Beach offers visitors beautiful beaches, NASCAR racing, and many other activities to experience year-round. The high temperatures in the summer are perfect for playing and lounging on the beach, and the mild temperatures in the winter make it a great place for snowbirds to visit. Its location also makes it a great home base for visiting nearby destinations such as Walt Disney World, St. Augustine and New Smyrna Beach.
What’s the weather like? Average Temperatures in Spring are High: 79° and Low: 59° / Average Temperatures in Summer areHigh: 89° and Low: 72° / Average Temperatures in Fall areHigh: 82° and Low: 65° / Average Temperatures in Winter areHigh: 70° and Low: 49°
Pack your bags: Always bring swimsuits, beach towels, sunscreen, sunglasses and comfortable shoes for walking. Tank tops and short sleeve shirts with shorts or capris are great for most of the year but bring pants and some layers including a light jacket or sweater for the cooler winter nights.
Things To Do in Daytona Beach
1. Take a walk on the Daytona Beach Boardwalk and enjoy the rides, the shops, the restaurants and the many other attractions along the way.
2. Even if you are not attending a race, plan to tour the recently-renovated Daytona International Speedway.
3. Check out what is under the water by going diving or snorkeling both in the ocean and in local state and county parks.
4. Participate in a tennis match at Daytona Beach Shores Oceans Racquet & Recreation Club, Florida Tennis Center or Ormond Beach Tennis Center.
5. Schedule a tee time at one of the area’s championship golf courses that are open year-round.
6. Whether you are a beginner or experienced rider, visit Shenandoah Stables and go on a trail ride.
7. Challenge yourself at Zoomair Adventure Park. Their three courses that steadily get more difficult have a variety of games and ziplines.
8. Take your family to Daytona Lagoon, not just any waterpark. If you are not into water rides, visit the arcade, ride the go-karts, play mini-golf, climb the rock wall and/or play laser tag.
10. Climb the 203 steps to the top of the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse and enjoy the beautiful view.
11. Take a day trip to visit one of the parks within Walt Disney World in nearby Orlando.
12. Meet an astronaut, play in the Children’s Play Dome, learn about space exploration through exhibits and much more at the Kennedy Space Center.
14. St. Augustine boasts ten museums dedicated to relating the history of the oldest city in the nation, also known as the “Ancient City.”
15. While in St. Augustine be sure to plan your dolphin encounter at Marineland, Dolphin Adventure.
Festivals & Events
- Coke Zero 400 Nascar Race
- Daytona Tortugas Baseball season
- Annual Juneteenth Family Festival
- Daytona Beach Bandshell Concert Series
- Volusia County Fair & Youth Show
- Greek Festival
- Daytona Turkey Run
- New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival